Saturday, October 31, 2009

Pinky and Pug

For my granddaughter Grace it is "pinky and pug". Granddaughter, Lydea has "bunny and plug". One time, Papa drove 20 miles at ll o'clock at night to bring Abigail's pinky to her so the rest of the family could have peace. For me it is "coffee and chocolate".

And yes, Papa has had to drive out of his way to bring peace-I mean a piece-of chocolate and a cup of coffee to Nana...

Like Grace and Lydea, whenever I need soothing, I make a pot of coffee and reach for m&m's or a Snickers, or....if I can't find those handy, I run to the pantry and pull out the chocolate chips....ummmmm! as my "pinky and pug".

Tired and weary and in need of a nap, just give me my coffee and chocolate....
Frustrated and frettting---cast my cares on the coffee and chocolate....
Hurried and stressed--Starbucks is the answer!
Celebrating a birthday, an achievement or a visit with a friend----bring on the coffee and chocolate!

Well, I received the call this morning. Grace's parents informed me that "pug" is broke---permanently....and furthermore, the "pugs" at Nana's are to disappear!

What a blow! Two-year old Grace has to grow up----her parents said so.
Maybe it is time for ??????-year-old Nana to grow up, too!

Well, I have to admit the coffee and chocolate ARE just temporary "fixes" for my highs and lows...and actually add to my stress and frustration when I step on the scales.

I don't know yet what Grace's parents are replacing the "pug" with---but I do know I am to go to my Creator for REAL peace via Bible reading and prayer. So Grace, Nana is reaching for a cup of Living Water and the Bread of Life.

(Of course, His Word also says "moderation in all things". Surely, my morning cup of Java and occasional chocolate will be ok...?) Grace gets to keep "pinky", doesn't she?

I'll keep you posted!

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this post... Happy Thanksgiving!!! Hugs and prayers from your buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement!! I seem to be so all or nothing. Needed the reminder! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete